Saturday, 15 December 2012

saying goodbye is hard!

As many of you know I have worked and designed for Papermaze for many many years...it is a place that has become home to me over the last five years. I have spent many happy days there looking through boxes of new stash, putting together kits, eating chocolate while teaching a workshop.

But....and the biggest but there is..my hands....they have been responsible for lots of heartache over the last few years..I have had to give up design teams when they have been at their worst and it has stopped me from scrapbooking on days were the ideas have been flowing.

It has become apparent that I cannot keep up the level of scrapbooking and computer work that I am currently doing.

After a long talk with my doctor and in an attempt to stop me from having to have two operations instead of just one...I have decided to leave the Papermaze team.

To say this is a horrible thing to have to do is an understatement. I love that place, I loved my job, I loved the emails that I got from the readers of the blog, I loved spending time down at the shop, talking about future kits, ideas and what we should buy.

BUT I have to think of myself...and my hands and what is best for me in the long term.

So as of the beginning of January the reigns are being handed over to Lou. Who is amazing and does the most amazing pages and I know that the team is in good hands.

What does this mean for me? Well...it means that everything I do, I can now show on here, everything that I do will be for me! I have been designing for teams for so long I have forgotten what it is like just to scrapbook for myself.

I have some guest spots coming up which I am looking forward to....I will continue to do guest spots if anyone asks...as I love those types of challenges...

But for now it is just me....and I am looking forward to doing some different things for here and building this place up slowly.

I still have a few things that are due to be used in the next month from there...so I will have a few posts left to go....I will miss that place...you have no idea how much.

5 comments:

hotpotato said...

good luck.

Wrightboysmum said...

Good luck and best wishes for the future.

karen said...

good luck in your new chapter of scrapbooking.

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm taking an enforced blog break myself for a bit and it is rather liberating as well as hard. Best wishes x

Judith said...

Again, you have to think about what's best for you, Wendy. Hard decision, I can imagine.

Wishing you all the best, hope the operation(s) will succeed. Good luck!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Warm winterwishes,
Judith